Wednesday, December 9, 2009

December 9, 1957 was Monday

And the day Dancing With the Stars Champ, Donny Osmond was born, all so Sweet and Innocent!

Donny Osmond. Oh man. It's difficult for me to imagine how, thru the years, I journeyed from Utah to Pennsylvania to Virginia, to Las Vegas and then just cross town, here in Dallas, just to see Donny and his family. My dad fussed about spending all this money to see the Osmonds and my step-mother just fussed period--but, my Dad--he LOVED to tell folks what I did and where I went to see the Osmonds. Me thinks he liked it as much as I did. :)

Heck, Dad and I would even exchange thoughts, if he happen to catch the Osmonds on TV. In fact, I recall circa 1972, the Osmond Brothers were on American Bandstand. Dick Clark said they were going to introduce a song--he may even have said it could be their next single: My Drum. It was taped in a recording studio--I think. My dad came in the room, and asked, "Is that the Osmonds?" I told him it was. Dad responds, "Damn! That didn't even sound like them." The song really didn't either. It's another what if Donny and Marie didn't happen-Nothing wrong with Donny and Marie--yet, just wonder...

Today in 2009 Donny, now a grandfather, celebrates another birthday. May there be many more.

This this whole Donny Osmond and me thing will go on and on--until at least until the 12th of Never--which, by the way--was the first single Donny released after his voice changed. Then and ONLY, then, truth be told--did I start to think Donny wasn't so bad!

No comments:

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...