Friday, December 5, 2008

So You Say It's Friday

I'm blessed to have a job. I keep telling myself that.

OJ sentenced. What year IS this? Oh wait--it's not for murder? But for kidnapping, guns etc? The Juice tried to squeeze out of trouble just one too many times. I feel for his and Nicole's kids. Wonder how much $ was spent for their therapy as OJ hunted for the real killers on the golf courses.

Funny chat with a co-worker during lunch. Turns out, we'd both had an association with the same guy we met online. Said he was a pilot and was to appear in Ebony in an article about professional men. She was shocked I'd actually met the guy. He took me to lunch at Tony Roma's--and he DID pay. However she wasn't surprised how he tried to con $ out of me. He needed $4000 for some reason and how he was going to lose his job flying. Need I say he yelled at me for not seeming to like him and how I didn't even sound like a black girl? This was during a phone call, while he was supposedly resting between flights. Yea, whatever dude. So when he asked, "Don't you have a credit card?" And I respond, "What makes you think I'll give it to you?" Gee. Wouldn't ya know the guy hung up on me? Didn't hear from again. Tsk.

Economy still reeks. All must be patient with our new President Elect. To me, it seems, he's done more before he actually takes resident in the White House, than the lame duck President has done in months.

Might freeze tonight in Dallas. S'ok. Gas bill is paid. Got blankets. Got cats that turn into bricks with fur and purr. They'll be needed as I savor some ice cream while I get caught up with Young and the Restless, Grey's Anatomy and do I dare admit: 1948's On the Town, my all time favorite musical--with a young Frank Sinatra and tappin' Gene Kelly?

In fact, let's cue the boys as they sing "New York, New York"--not THAT one, but this one--the opening song in On the Town! It's a fun and besides, it IS the weekend!


No comments:

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...