Thursday, December 4, 2008

$1.52

Is what I paid per gallon to pump gas into my Pumpkin. Was it that long ago, the cheapest was $3.85? My car was more on "E" than I realized because 15 gallons fill 'er up went in for 23 bucks.

For about a second--and I repeat--second--I thought, "Hmm, I could almost drove the 750 miles, all up I-35 (except for the last 35 miles), to visit family and friends, for that price." Then a clip of Northern air blew through me. Then the radio person told me it would be about 27 degress tonight in Dallas. Well, Dallasites call that 'bitter cold'. So reality hits how the Northern air in Iowa would be colder. Plus the temparture of 27 degress might be considered 'balmy.' And, ya know, I'd have to pull out my winter coat out of neccesity. Pesky little frostbite thing. But that's the not the biggest worry.

Where IS my winter coat? Why worry about since the weather will close to 60 in a couple days? So, no Iowa in Winter. Catch me maybe Spring...after the final snow. Maybe.

Sorry family and chums.

No comments:

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...