Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sunday Standard...

Not a fan of Standard Time. It seems to be dark by noon. Exaggeration--sure. Yet I will need to make sure I'm up and done with my walk before nightfall. Jaunted around the Park up the street before the Dallas-NY Football Giants game.

Now I sit here after the Dallas-NY Football Giants game, with the sting of loss 35-14. Not good. At least the 3rd string QB came and added some zip. Just ick. I know this is why they play the game--but I'd like to have victories to talk about after they play the game. Not good.

What was good: the sermon I heard today. Visited Friendship West Baptist Church with Rev Freddy Haynes. He's a blunt, kinda get to the point kinda guy. I did like that. He preached how folks will judge you: they will categorize you then ostracize you, and stigmatize you to demonize you. As long as you have the peace of Jesus in you, folks can try their best, yet you are not phased. After service, I told Rev Haynes how that hit me, all around the block.

What also was good--that we just have two more days in this election. I know how I want it to end, but whether Barack Obama or John McCain wins, --I can't complain, because I voted. Did you early vote or will you be there Tuesday? Also the day God made today, was good--and no more earthquakes here. Heck, I slept through em on Friday and Saturday morning.

One week ago, TINA TURNER was in concert. I sat so in the nosebleed section, but I didn't care. A week all ready. This woman IS the Fountain of Youth. If Ms. Tina can't inspire you--nothing can. So to end this Sunday and get over my sorrow for the Cowboys loss--I gotta start out slow and easy...cue up the band, Tina's back in the house-cuz we gotta end this day rough...

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Tina Turner rules! I saw her 24 years ago and she looks the same now. I'm envious - of you and her!

LL aka Lisa-Lin said...

This woman is ETERNAL! Just love her. Makes me believe you can keep doing what you wanna do as long as you wanna do it!

Thanks for your comment!

Thomasina

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...