Saturday, November 1, 2008

Saturday Celebration

Had my first Tricks or Treats last night. First time I really had kids knock on my door for Halloween. Living in a apartment, I had about two goblins in the entire 20 years of multi-unit dwelling. Every time the doorbell rang--the cats ran. Sometimes the cats would be in windows, and I could hear the kids talk about them. Next time, I may decorate, heck I might even get a PUMPKIN!

Speaking of Pumpkin, I headed to Mansfield, TX, which seemed like a whole 'nother time zone from my door, in my HHR Pumpkin(with wonderful gas mileage, by the way!) A panel of authors, including one I knew, spoke. Turns out today is National Author's Day. Good forum. Uplifted me. Where my writing comes into play--I just need to write--more.

Did lunch with Movie Man. He cheered me up today. I've been so down in the dumps professionally. Said he hadn't seen me smile in recent times. All that was nice. Just a perk me up.

Happy Cloris Leachman is off Dancing With the Stars. Happy this historical presidential election rounds the final curve. Just hope the Supreme Court does not get involved. Happy the Dallas Cowboys get another crack at a win tomorrow...yea, well, we gotta really pray on that one. Happy I got stuff on my DVR to watch, a cat to pet, some ice cream to savor and a life to live.

Cue Kool and the Gang, for a little Celebration....hmm....there was time I'd dance to this song with my four inch heals. Now, if I'd try that, I sprain my ankle on the way to breaking my leg. But ya know what? Cue 'em anyway! :)


No comments:

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...