Sunday, December 20, 2009

Short Sweet

Great Day! The city still basks in the Dallas Cowboys huge victory. The sun shines on us again. However, maybe not so much for kicker Nick Folk...

Wonderful sermon at Inspiring of Body Christ Church today, where, during one point of the sermon, I was the participant. Pastor Rickie Rush flicked water on my face. OK, trust me it made a point. However, I'd completely forgotten--didn't even think really, the three gigantic screens would have me on them. Pastor Rush and I were the only ones involved in this part of the sermon, while a few thousand looked on. Then a a fellow church member commented on my Facebook Wall that she saw me. Complimented I looked good on camera. All in all, the sermon to be for me--fear of success, thoughts in your head, that make block your blessings...yep...GREAT sermon.

And tonight I journeyed to my first Dallas Maverick game! Wonderful seats and parking just a few steps across the street, in the Platinum parking garage. Watched Dallas beat Shaq, Lebron the rest of the Cleveland Cavaliers. Nachos and the company were both delightful. Go Mavs!

Now gotta get some rest for a short week at work.

I am blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Curious. Why did the pastor flick water on your face? What was the point he was trying to make? Maybe we can all learn from the lesson.

LL aka Lisa-Lin said...

When something is going wrong, like when Devil puts a thought in your head-do you try to stop the the situation yourself, or go to the source? While Pastor first flicked me with water, I would just say, "Stop it." Now, when it actually got in my eye, I told him so--yet he didn't stop. And I got a bit louder--then when I said, "Pastor Rush, stop it." I'd gone to the source and told him to stop. Which could be thought of the Devil trying to nibble and nabble at you, and turn your faith from God for my help. When you believe and trust God, you tell the Devil, the source of troubles to be on his way and leave you alone. You know where your faith is and the Devil can't take it. This is Chapter 3 of Pastor Rush's book, "May I Have YOur Order, Please."

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...