Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sunday SunDOWN

It is 6:30 pm as I write this. Out my window all I see is a canvas of midnight black. Yea, we set the clocks last night. Is there STILL a reason for Standard and Daylight Savings Time? Like back 70 or so years ago? Why still NOW? Sure, it'll be lighter in the morning--yet there is something about the sky being dark by an eventual 5:00PM it seems. GRR.

Anyway.

Got my praise on today. The all-male choir praised and rocked and the spirit was felt through out that place. Pastor Rickie Rush, the Inspiring Body of Christ Church, said, "Change is a process, not an event." I don't always agree with what Pastor Rush says, although those words stuck with me. We need to take a wellness check and admit there's something wrong with US-seems to hold us back from blessings, while others seem to be able and get theirs---maybe something in our past. Gives me pause to ponder. I think of my mom's death when I was 13 and also the not so much encouragement received from my step-mother, when I wanted and needed a female roll model. All makes sense. Yep--to ponder and learn from.

So as the dark sky so early at night bums me, I see IOWA is #8 on Top 25. I believe they don't get enough credit. Sure, they may not be on Florida or 'bama's turf, however the QB threw 4 picks in one quarter and were behind 21-7. That same QB led the Iowa Hawkeyes to a 42-24 win in the next quarter. Even without the less than stellar officiating, would the score been that much different? Lou Holtz, on ESPN, said Iowa only impressed him with their win over Penn State! Gee, Lou--I thought good teams figure out a way to win. Stay tuned.
And my Dallas Cowboys won--soundly--over Seattle! Felt nice to watch. Miles Austin can smile for any time and I'd help Marion Barber braid his hair-anytime! coffee.

All in all--a great day. Sun did shine ALOT today. GORGEOUS. Now if you will excuse me, gotta try this Starbucks Mocha Frappucino ice cream which awaits in my freezer. Certainly, will aid in my being bummed of sky being dark by 6:30PM.

No comments:

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...