Saturday, November 14, 2009

Saturday Sulk

Iowa Hawkeyes lost to Ohio State.
Recorded the game, due to attending a housewarming. Didn't listen to any sports coming home. Nope. Just blared music. Got home, fast forwarded thru commercials and with just a few second left in regulation, score tied 24-24 my DVR STOPS! I didn't set up to record enough time!!

Race to my PC. Pull up the Des Moines Register which tells me how Iowa's Rose Bowl dreams slip away, 27-24. Lost on a field goal in overtime. However, the red-shirt QB played a very good game for his first start. Yes, there were errs, yet the score wasn't 45-10 Ohio State, which is what I thought it might be.

As for the housewarming, I arrived with about 20 mins before it was scheduled to end. Why? Due to traffic and getting lost. I didn't realize my chum had moved out into the sticks--literally. I passed horses and cows. I LOVED her home though! Except for the neighbors being right on top of each other, her home is one I would purchase. Got a little envious. Of course, you always want what others have.

So there were my two sulks today. However did lunch with someone I use to be close to. We both realized that closeness never really went away. The way he hugged me confirmed that. A bit of needed growth--on both our parts-reaped rewards.

All in all, nice day indeed.

1 comment:

Sultan said...

Oooh, the dreaded DVR settings failure!

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...