Thursday, November 12, 2009

Doctor It Up

It's Thursday. 5:55 pm as I write this and it's midnight black outside. Yea. Not feeling that.

Downed my 74 ounces of water today. Wish it had been a cherries, pecans and cream malt from Braum's Ice Cream store. Alas, it wasn't. More healthier...whoppee.

Also at work today, I sauntered up to my racquetball chum Maria, even tho we've not racquetted any thing for months--I digress--and asked her if she had a snack. Maria munches healthy snacks, so I knew that was better than the bag of peanut M & M's I desired about 4302% more. Maria didn't disappoint. My chum handed me a pumpkin pie flavored granola bar. I figured at the most, a tad of sweetness, would tie me over.

Wrong.

To swallow a mouthful of sawdust would cause a sugar over dose compared to this bar.Didn't even finish it. When I walked to my car, I threw the remainder on the ground. I figured the birds might get healthy...might...

In the meantime, it's almost Friday. I smile at Gene Simmons, decked all in his KISS gear, in that soda pop commercial. I like the song "Calling Doctor Love"--I even had it on a 45--and got it here right now!

2 comments:

Tanya @ texastanya.net/blog said...

I started WW a couple of weeks ago, and have been doing well loosing some with their program.
I had to tell you that they make these amazing little snack bars. They are only 1 point (don't know how many calories, but it can't be too high if it's worth only a point.) The Peanut Butter Bliss bar is out-of-this-world. They are the perfect thing for when you just need a little bit of something.
I'm not sure if they can be purchased in a store. I get mine at my local WW meeting.
Anyway, thought you might enjoy knowing about them.
T :)

LL aka Lisa-Lin said...

Thanks for the suggestion on the bars. I'll look next time I'm in the store--ya never know! And honestly, I'm not a big fan of granola bars, just because I've gotten some 'sawdust flavored' more often than not, however when I have come cross a tasty one, it's peanut based! Thanks chum!

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...