Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Microtia Moment and More

Reminded of this whole microtia thing today. I was born with out a left ear. Nothing but a little lobe from my head. Underwent a TON of hearing tests, it seemed, weekly during my growing up years. No surgery to construct an ear. When I was kid, there was nothing as sophisticated as now--yet I'm so use to having one ear, would be so different to have another--especially if I was able to HEAR from it. Anyway, today I was reminded I have a hard time on my left side, especially when the room is loud to begin with.

At work, a soft toned co-worker, spoken guy stood on my left. He spoke, yet I didn't hear him. I felt his presence and I did apologize I didn't hear him. Told him--how on my left, it is difficult. He just smiled and said he only wanted to know I was. Very sweet. Recently found out, this soft spoken guy tries out jokes and doing stand up comedy here in town. I look forward to laughing during one of his shows.

With just one ear, some folks say I purposely ignore them because I don't respond...uh...well.. :)

OK, Dancing With the Stars, Donny survives to strut his stuff in the semi-finals. He is so much a better dancer than Marie. I'm OK about Aaron getting the boot home. I've enjoyed DWTS this season, with starting with 16 couples was TOO much. I'm happy none the less. Every time I watch Donny dance, I do get reminded of the novel I say I'm going to write about my experience with The Osmonds. A goal would be to have Donny read the manuscript and give an endorsement. I dream BIG.

The fault is to never dream at ALL.

Since a cat just leaned against my leg, with claws out, that's it for Tuesday.

1 comment:

Sultan said...

One must obey the feline.

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...