Saturday, September 22, 2018

Best in Show---ME!

You talk about a dream I never once thought would come true because I never did dream it ever!

Yep. Me-when I it comes to art--paint on a canvas aka abstracts, especially. This love of mine has been around since the Autumn of 2015.  Not long in some relationships. However, it took awhile to decide if we really did like each other.  The way we made each other's acquaintance is another story, which I may share sometime.😊  Trust me tho, look in the dictionary for self-taught, and you may see me there! 

In the meantime, I bask in my purple ribbon from the TVAA Gallery in Dallas. The artwork's title is "Interrogation" and the gallery's them was "September Shadows."  I am even more butterfly tickle giddy because this was my third time to be selected to participate in a show!  The Texas Visual Art Association is a place that gives us new/aspiring artists an opportunity to be seen. 

Never thought my art would be in a gallery, not ever thought I would be doing anything artsy except wondering how pretty I could circle whip cream on fresh strawberries. Look, in junior high, when art class became part of our routine, I asked my parents if they would still love me since I got a "C" on  my report card.  My lowest grade ever (up to THAT point).  The "C" was in art. I dreaded going to class for the longest hour in my life. An hour, I would never get back! So, you can tell it's been a quite a journey.

A journey I can only Thank the One Most High for because He knows the plans made for you! 

Until next time....expect the unexpected! 

No comments:

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...