Saturday, February 27, 2010

February 27, 2006 was Monday

On this day in 2006, I was wheeled into the ER at approximately 11am. I didn't leave until 7:30 the next morning when I was taken, cot and all to have a CT Scan. Got paranoid as I had to lie still. After about a half hour or so there, I was wheelchaired to the elevator, which stopped on the 9th floor of the hospital. As the elevator opened, I bout bust an artery when I saw "Neurology" on the 9th Floor. And nobody--friends or family knew where I was.
Little did I know I wouldn't leave until March 24, 2006.

Fast forward to this day in 2010. Sun shines. Cat is in the open window. I'm headed to a chum's Bridal Shower. The same chum who sat with me, for hours on end, in the hospital. This chum admitted she feared I wouldn't make it.

Well, I'm still here.

I'm not the most traditional person when it comes to showers, so since my chum asked for a peach pie--I baked one. It's cooling now.

So if you excuse me, I gotta go get ready.

More life left to be lived.
I am blessed.

2 comments:

Old Kitty said...

Well I feel very blessed to have met you!

I am so glad you've survived that trauma. I hope you have a wonderful bridal shower with your fabulous chum who stayed with you throughout that time.

I bet your peach pie was delicious too.

Take care and big, bug hugs from me to you

x

LL aka Lisa-Lin said...

My chum e-mailed how yummy the pie is. She decided to share it with her sister. The thing is, it remains to not be the pie she wanted me to make. I guess, since I didn't like whatever I pie, I made in yester-decade I can't remember a thing about it...

And I'll be scipting a few more posts about my adventure of 2006.

And I'm blessed to have met you too, Star Trek fan and all!

:)

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...