Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunday Special Order


Gotta admit, eventho Pastor Rickie Rush of Inspiring Body of Christ Church, preached a shorter (for him) sermon today, the words still hit me right upside the head.
How DOES that happen?
Anyway, of late, I've wondered why things have passed me by, while others have prospered. With some of them, I do admit I didn't believe they deserved their prosperity.

Pastor Rush said the devil isn't after you for what you've done, but for what he knows God has planned for you. God has put desires in your heart, which you must tell Him. The devil knows this, and out to ruin you is the plan.Made sense to me. For I was born with one ear, my mom dies when we were both too young, the on-going inner fight of how I didn't need or want anybody's help for anything--to me, at the time, was a sign of weakness, if I did ask for help, and then the chums who have known me for years, either ry to poke fun at my Walk, and/or try to remind how I was once upon a time. OK--like I can really forget, and honestly, there are times I still smile at the memories, and/or they don't really like when I 'preach' on my blog.
Oh well and too bad.

And the stuff of present day. Pastor Rush said, while you wait in line, you learn patience. HA! Well, I'm still learning that--better than before, yet more to go. It's all about to have a special order. Something I need to get ready for. Seen images in my mind. Scary--yet like what I see lots. I gotta be close, because this scar from my little open-heart surgery reminds me everyday (especially when it itches) how far I've come.

And He didn't bring me this far to leave me.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...