Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sunday Sum Up

The Iowa Hawkeyes won ugly 12-0. Dallas Cowboys won ugly 7-6. Yet a win is a win regardless how it looks. Still...

Today were the last services at the current location of the Inspiring Body of Christ Church, with Pastor Rickie Rush. Packed isn't even the adjective to describe how many people were there. Everybody wanted to share in the last moments of being inside. To experience the journey. Like I've said, Pastor Rickie Rush has been an acquired taste for me. And there are some things he says, I'm not 100% with, however that's when I know I have free will at my fingertips. Nonetheless, I admire Pastor Rush because it's been a struggle to get this new House built. Media has not been kind, even those that may have once been IBOC members. He weathered it all.

So on Thanksgiving morning, I will journey to the new location--right across the street--100 yards. The same distance Moses stood from the Promised Land he did not have the chance to enter. The new House looks beautiful. I've attended the Thanksgiving Service since 2003--my tradition. As I sat in service today, I wondered again why I haven't technically joined IBOC--especially since I've been in attendance every Sunday since about August? I continue to pray on that one. Yet, Pastor Rush spoke of how we have something about us that folks think make us not normal--however those very things we use to touch others.

In my case, I was born without a left ear (microtia), then becoming a motherless daughter at 13 and enduring pesky open heart surgery a few years ago. It all made sense. The things that have happened of late--even today. From folks I've known since my growing up years, who enjoy my quotes from The Word on every Sunday morning. These were folks I partied hard with back in the day--and today I smile, because we party--just in a different way. .

So I was in a pissy mood a few days ago. Nothing I can do about it. Already happened. Already done. And it was all pretty ugly--just like the two football games I DVR'd because I wasn't home--and watched in their entirety-not knowing who won or lost.

Games were ugly. Victory triumphed. Just like in Life.

I am blessed.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was it that put you in a bad mood? You never said. Was it an argument?

LL aka Lisa-Lin said...

ahhh--twas a few days ago--I've decided to move on is the best thing to do. I vented and that was that! :)

Anonymous said...

I have a question: Why would you say on the "world wide internet" that Pastor Rickie Rush has been an "acquired taste" for you? And there are some things he says,you're not 100% with, however that's when you know you have free will at your fingertips? Some comments should be left between "you and God". There are those of us who LOVE, RESPECT our Pastor dearly. If we don't understand, or don't agree with what he says, then we talk "TO GOD", not try and damage his character. I don't understand some people.But, I never stop praying."TOUCH NOT GOD'S ANOINTED, AND DO HIS PROPHET NO HARM".

LL aka Lisa-Lin said...

Dear Anonymous, I wish you would have left an e-mail so I could contact you directly.

The words I spoke are true--for me.On this blog I write what happens to me and no one else. I meant no harm, no disrespect for Pastor Rush. The date of this post is 2009. I asked you to read other Sunday posts where I spoke of that day's sermons.

I joined IBOC in 2010, after many years of being a 'bootleg member'-and a member of another church.

As the song goes, You don't know my story--and you don't know what I had to go thru to get here, however my worship is for real.

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...