Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sunday Inspiring Body and Spirit

I am exhausted.
Didn't think to go get My Praise on would do it to me. Yep. It was the first official service in the new Inspiring of Body of Christ Church today, with Pastor Rickie Rush. I've heard tell the church's aquarium is now part of the World's Guinness Book of Records. If it is, cool--if not--well, I'm still in awe of the stingray as it swims by.


The main thing is Pastor Rickie Rush. I've been honest to say, through the years, Pastor Rickie Rush has been quite an acquired taste for me. However today, I believe we've finally met in the middle. He's always been a man cool and collected. Words have been thrown at Pastor Rickie Rush and the church like swords. Hey, I'm adult to admit I've thrown some of those words. Yet today, I feel the emotion of getting the new House built, plus to over come the negativity and just to have the flock gathered--finally--got to the Pastor. He cried. Not just a dab here or a lone tear. He cried.

Yea, yea, yea--some folk will disagree. That is their opinion, which I do respect-as I hope they respect mine.

Church wore me out today. As I walked up the aisle to exit, I went straight to Bear, who is a Servant of the Church, and instigated a hug. Bear asked if I was OK. I was whipped. The message and the emotion made me remember nobody knows my story. They don't know what I had to go thru to get here. Bear knows some--I perhaps wanted that connection. No matter what--it's all good.

I am blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why was/is Pastor Rush an aquired taste for you?

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...