Monday, November 30, 2009

Monday Moment Musings

No Dancing With The Stars. Withdrawal issues I have. I wonder if my Blue Bell Ice Cream will taste as good without Tom Bergeron's witty words between dances?

Hmm. What to do on a Monday? Where are my sequins and paso doble?

*Sigh*

To reality, tonight was one of those wishful moments to have a man 24/7. Yep, for those really important tasks-killing ugly, gi-normous bugs and to haul the trash to the curb. It's a bit chilly outside. So to carry it from the back to the front-wasn't feeling the joy of home ownership. Plus I had an extra bag or two, since trash didn't get picked up last Friday.

Then a local, best selling author gave me feedback of one of my short stories. She liked it and said it reminded her of a particular author. THRILLED I am--even tho I had NO clue who the author she spoke of was. Ahh..the internet being all knowing and powerful gave me info and now I feel like the unknown author and have already shared coffee. So over to Half Price Books I go--nada. Then across the street to Barnes and Noble

EEKS. I looked at 10 of her more than that novels. Five of them where like the short story I sent the local, best selling author. I wanted all 5, yet 70 bucks didn't want to escape my slim to none bank account. Then I remembered--on this author's site, I could print off a few chapters for FREE.

I am glad the trash now sits on the curb. So very glad of the compliment my writing received. Yet still sad there's no Len or Bruno and no-No Lift Carrie and Dancing With the Stars.

Oh well. Let's just see how the good Blue Bell Ice Cream still tastes...*

No comments:

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...