Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday Short

Got my praise on today, at Inspiring Body of Christ Church, with Pastor Rickie Rush. The message was how we know we are in our due time. And of course, one way especially hit me right upside my head. Oprah would call it an 'a-ha' moment. It is: When we don't push, pull or politic, the doors open.
I did these things-.ALOT with my relationships with me. Ask Bear. Yet, I didn't realize how much I did it until time had passed. and the relationship had long ceased. Sure, I wanted and needed a strong man. And these men were strong, in their own, and I did indeed want them. Alas, they weren't the men I needed. So, I'd push, pull and politic--and pout. :) Never could figure out why things didn't quite work out how I desired. Want and need are two so very different things. Live and learn.

OK--as for the doors open, I'm still in awe of the Iowa Hawkeyes 4th and goal with :02 left in the game win last night over Michigan State. The Hawks are 8-0. First time ever! They find a way to win-no push, pull or politic or blocked punt...the doors are open. Love it and GO HAWKS!

Now, I gotta plop in the front of the TV for some Dallas Cowboys and Atlanta Falcons tussle on the gridiron. Splurged today, and forgo the salad thru the game. Yep--I decided to bring on home the best burger from THE best burger place in Dallas: Burger Island. And yes, I'll still get down my 74 ounces of water.

In the meantime, football awaits as He still gets my praise.

I am blessed.

No comments:

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...