Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday Short Simple

..and to the point.

Pastor Rickie Rush, of Inspiring Body of Christ Church, preached on 'temperance' aka self control from 1Corinthians. Alot of stuff hit home, especially the power of the tongue. It can uplift or destroy. Even you don't think think folk are listening-they are. What you say, what you do--folk watch and listen. Good, good message. As I walked out of the sanctuary, received a pleasant surprise of a hug from Bear. I was so surprised, I was speechless. Think I threw him off too. :)

Gorgeous Day today. Sun shines. Cats in windows plus the one on my desk-right in front of my PC monitor--asleep. A back paw dangles over the desk's edge, that a key or two is covered on the key board. Oh, well, He's cute.

Of course, the big thing is TONIGHT. Nope--not a lemonade date with Donny Osmond to give last minute pointers for Donny's. Dancing With The Stars debut-but the Dallas Cowboys play the New York Football Giants in the $1 Billion new Cowboy Stadium--TONIGHT! Finally a NFL game that means something! Some of the sports talk guys call the stadium the "DeathStar". It does look like a flying saucer. But ya know, I don't care-! As long as my Marion Barber plus the rest of the Dallas Cowboys rack up another win and win like they mean, the stadium can look like a turnip!

Short, simple and to the point: GO COWBOYS!

I am blessed,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Bear got something out of the message also. Maybe he felt a wave of guilt for something he said or did to you in the past. Maybe, it was his way of apologizing for something that had been on his mind for a long time. Maybe he likes you or you still have a special place in his heart.

LL aka Lisa-Lin said...

Your post made me ponder. And a bit misty eyed. Glad the make-up is off. Way of apologizing? Never considered that. Hmm. Maybe one day we'll chat over coffee and I'll tell Bear he was on my mind thru the entire message.

Thanks for your post. Gives me points to ponder.

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...