Thursday, June 18, 2009

Tis Friday Eve!

As I pulled into my driveway tonight-a bit tired and sweat drenched from my bike & treadmill jaunt at the rec center, the radio began to play a song. Not really one of my all time favorites, yet brings up a memory from a time far, far away--basically, the '80's, in yester-century.

Ya know, big hair--on men and women, with alot of mousse and gel. In my case, I still held remnants of my jheri curl--just in different styles. I digress. Anyway, by 1986, I'd moved back to Iowa from my second (and so far, last) habitation in Kansas City. Yet, I still kept in touch with my KC Chum who had introduced me to crepes, Bloody Marys on a Sunday before lunch, and the Village People.

This particular time in 1986, my KC Chum, drove to visit me in Iowa. If I remember right, his car was about the size of the Love Boat. I was amazed it the 'ship' made the 250 miles, without a life raft nor Captain Stuebing! I digress again.

The whole point is: that weekend a wonderful time was had my all! Partied like it was 1999, and it was just 1986. And this song was one we danced to. When the DJ began to spin it at the bar, I recall my KC Chum jumped and announced must dance. And we did.

So every time I hear this song, even 23 years later, I smile. Forget about the senior rec center I belong to and put the trash by the curb and that bedtime is usually 10:30pm.

I smile about a time when 10:30pm was about the time I went out and STILL went to the work the next day. :) Let's cue up alittle Peter Gabriel on this Friday Eve--he's gonna tell us about some "Sledgehammer!"


4 comments:

The New Me said...

10:30?!?!?!

You always were a rebel!

LL aka Lisa-Lin said...

Yes, a rebel withOUT a cause!

The New Me said...

eh! causes are overrated.

Anonymous said...

I use to really like this song! Thanks for showing it.

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...