Sunday, March 22, 2009

Something 'bout Sundays

Spring on a Sunday. Windows open. Birds chirp and March Madness. OK. Well, Texas lost, Northern Iowa lost, and so did Sienna --who? The Sweet 16 is peppered with teams not really seemed to be mentioned regularly on ESPN...Gonzaga....?

Fellowshipped at Inspiring Body of Christ Church with Pastor Rickie Rush. The sermon was John 15:1-5. How Jesus is the branch, and we are the vine. As long as He is in us, how can we not produce fruit? And I know He is in me, yet I know I'm not doing all my part to produce fruit. I admit that. My writing has stymied. My plan of speaking to others about microtia, being a mended heart, and/or of being a motherless daughter regardless of your age, simmer on the back burner.

What am I scared of?

Wish I had an answer.

God does not give you fear. Satan thrives and heats up the chicken wings because you have fear, which includes indecisiveness. I know where my strength does come from. I know I need to give Him all my troubles and he will rescue me. I just need to give Him glory, yet Pastor Rush said frustration comes from stuff we brought into adulthood. Stuff we thought didn't make a difference. Yet it does.

Satan is frying him up some fries to go with them wings. He loves this.


Pastor Rush said words today that hit home. Give me pause to ponder. God gave me gifts. Made me this way for a reason. We're all unique--for His glory. So what do I do about it?

Something 'bout Spring on a Sunday. Windows open. Birds chirp. March Madness (Go 'zaga Bulldogs!)and you realize how really blessed you are in it.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...