Monday, March 23, 2009

March 23, 1962 was Friday


OK. I have NO idea what I was doing that day. Perhaps to learn to count to 5 or to bask in the greatness of Huckleberry Hound, Bugs Bunny or Quick Draw McGraw...NO clue. Didn't have a diary then. Even if I did, doubt my scribbles would be decipher-able. What did happen: a baby boy was born.

A baby boy grew up to be the guy I just knew I would spend until forever with. Problem is, he didn't get the memo.

I've written a couple times about him here. Not much. Not exactly sure why. Maybe because I was so in denial that we would be together. That one day I could script how we skipped through a sunflower filled meadow, hand in hand, with the wind to waltz with our face. Perhaps, Bambi, Snow White and maybe Winnie the Pooh, with Christopher Robin would wave as we skipped by. Guess my imagination just ran away from me.

In reality there came the point where water had to be thrown on the situation. Like on the Wicked With of the West. Situation had to melt. Had to clear my eyes. Even tho it felt more like a T-Rex stepped on my heart, instead of Winnie the Pooh sharing his honey for the biscuits, I do believe the Birthday Guy is a good man.

Just not the good man for me.

Did wish him a Happy Birthday today.

And I hope that's a memo memo he did get.


No comments:

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...