Tuesday, October 14, 2008

So it is said...

The Chef went home tonight on Dancing With the Stars. Very OK with that. Next needs to be Cloris Leachman. I admire her tenaciousness, yet I'm real OK to see her go.

Did a jaunt around the park tonight. Looked like rain. If so, my Pumpkin was close by-for shelter.

Found a picture of a former love and me. We stood at the top of the Sears Tower. All smiles. I'll call him Chi-town. Hmm. Ya know, he's been the only man where I looked in bridal mags to get my dress ideas. It was one of those things. We hadn't seen each other for a couple decades-since High School graduation-until a class reunion. I admitted my love for him when I was 14. He never knew. A dream come true. Well, it ended within a melt of a few snowflakes. Too bad. It's one of those 'what if...." things. That's the good thing about being a writer--you end the story how you desire.

My new favorite scripture hails from Philippians 4:6-7. Basically don't worry about anything and you pray for everything. Tell God what you need and thank Him for everything He's giving you. And then you will experience His presence----something we can't even come close to understanding.

Back to tonight's Results show on DWTS. Seems to me and the rest of us Dallas Cowboy fans, we'll have our own result show on Sunday. No Romo or Felix the Cat or Pacman or even Sam Hurd and no Mat to kick the ball into the wind when the field is taken against the Rams. Brad has a chance to show he's still got it and the Roy Williams begins to earn his keep. Hmm. What does the original Roy Williams have to say about that? And what I've heard about Terrell Owens greeting the New Roy to town, I believe Terrell has got some Jesus of late. Somebody please tell me it is true!

There's also a presidential debate tomorrow night. Hmm. We're almost to the day where we find out who packs up their U-Haul and moves to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Earmarks, lipstick, Russia, William Ayers, 'that one'--UGH--almost OVER!

So it is said life is a journey. If the journey was always smooth--what fun would THAT be?

No comments:

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...