Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Two Tuesday

Today is Donny Osmond's 51st birthday. And the picture here is me and Donny Osmond -again-around 2002 or so (wow--even I think I look different now!). Outside a local Dallas radio station Kiss-FM 106.1, while Donny waited for his driver to take him to the next radio station interview. It was also right before Donny asked me if I could TAKE him to that next radio station! His driver was late, which made Donny even later, and my car was parked just across the street. Panic flowed thru my veins. See, on the way to see Donny, I'd dropped a pretty much filled bag of Doritos chips in my car--and well, they were still there. Sure, Donny had five sons, but I really didn't think of that then! Within seconds, his driver showed up, passed up Donny (and his assistant or manager--a guy was with him)and did a U turn to come back for them. After that, I drove straight to the car wash and vacuumed out my car. I mean, you never know when Terrance Howard or Brad Pitt may need a ride.

Second. We may have a snow flurry or three tonight. The wind chill is 27 degrees with a north wind of about 30 mph. That wind zipped to the bone and reminded me of Iowa all right. Wasn't it just yesterday I had my window open as I typed on my PC? Yes...yes...it was.

Hmm. If Donny is 51 today, that means in 120 days, I'll be....uh...well. I won't worry about that now. I have a bowl of soup to get from my crock pot, a blanket to get under and a remote to use to FF thru the not so exciting parts of the Young and the Restless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cute photo of you and Donny ! Can you imagine that he asked you to drive him to the next radio station-- wow.

I thought you might remember that today is Donny's b-day, which is why I checked your blog. ( although I check it more often than once a year). I love your writing -- it's lively and wonderful. Take care, from Daryl Lynn :-)

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...