Monday, December 8, 2008

Denny Crane, Alan Shore and Me

Almost time for the series finale of 'Boston Legal'. Until Movie Man told me, last week, he deduced tonight was the finale--I thought I had until sweeps--in May--to enjoy this sly pleasure. Not so much. Tonight is it. After tonight, no more chats on the balcony with Denny and Alan. No more chat between Movie Man and me when there are scenes that remind us of the other.

*Sigh*

Will admit I watched this show from beginning to now--the end. The first couple seasons, wasn't really feeling it. Cast,all too familiar peppered with the young. That's not a bad thing, yet nothing seemed to make "Boston Legal" that special. When Candace Bergen showed up and the tweaks took place--we had lift off! Hooked--that's what I was---hooked!

Always thought James Spader was attractive from way back in the "Pretty in Pink'' and then "Sex, Lies and Videotape" days. Then there's William Shatner: Captain James T Kirk (from Iowa!), TJ Hooker (which I never watched) and now Denny Crane (just look at him and smile). Oh sure, they'll live on in re-runs, but it won't be the same. Their chemistry could not be written. My must see Boston Legal Night will be gone.

After tonight---no more sleepovers.

No comments:

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...