Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day Still


Made it church this morning. A bit late, due to the still slick spots on highways and byways of Dallas. Passed a ravine with 6 cars resting it, plus a wreck with 3 cars, not including the police car and an ambulance passed me. Oh, and there was the pick-up that got caught on my ice and tried to slide into my lane. Got back in control tho. All in all, Pastor Rickie Rush, of Inspiring Body of Christ Church, held the 10am service at 10:45, just to give folks more time to get there. My usual 20 minute or so drive, took me about 45, so I was grateful. Pastor Rush didn't keep us long because he said folks wanted to get on with their own celebrations. I can admire him for that.

Pastor Rush said there were people there, who needed explanation why their Christmases and other parts of life are what they are and not what they want (which is like me.). Pastor Rush used John 14:6. All things must go thru Jesus. And maybe where you're at now is where you need to be before you get to the place He has for you. He gave you a gift. And to learn how to use that gift for His Glory needs to some attention. Made me ponder.

I also followed my Christmas Tradition of going to a movie. This year: "It's Complicated" with Meryl Streep, Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin. Just have to love those three. What can Meryl NOT do? Can Alec be anymore smarmy, yet lovable? And Steve--just wanted to take him home for chocolate croissants. Sure, there were some parts made the movie longer than it shoulda been, although I still believe "It's Complicated" is in the "It's Marvelous" category! Loved to see a movie with my demographic in the lead and not so Lifetime Movie where somebody dies. I give it three and a half croissants, plus a cup of coffee.

I later sat on park bench swing, feed ducks--some greedy ones took the bread right from my hand, swung back and forth, and pondered a time of year, I still so good about--Even tho I wish some things were different. I remember all this is temporary and 2010 is 'round the corner. New adventures do await and that excites me! He's brought me so far, in situations I never thought I'd ever have listed on my life's resume and He has yet to leave me.

In the meantime, it is Christmas Day Still and more I need to enjoy.

Merry Christmas and You are blessed.

1 comment:

Sultan said...

Sounds like a reasonably soothing day.

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...