Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Task Tuesday


Took the day off. OK, so where is the task in that?

Well, it was six months check up with my cardiologist. After that I headed for my coumadin checked aka my POKE test. Honestly, I am always nervous when I go to the doctor. My blood pressure spike proves that. Even with that, I am doing wonderful on both the valve and coumadin. My doctor says my valve sounds good and is happy I'd increased my exercise level. Which tonight includes my first aerobic class at the rec center. Also, last night I chatted with my chum Maria about our resuming our weekly racquetball meet. Maria will go back to normal hours next month--and we both look forward to that! I've missed r-ball alot!

So the doctor was my main task today. Then tonight will be the aerobic class, however in the middle I treated myself to a movie. I thought of seeing "Star Trek" a second time. Then I thought, 'go see something new! So I ventured to a movie that two critics glowed about on TV: 500 Days of Summer. The kicker, it wasn't at any of my usual theater--which translates into the moving picture show less than 5 minutes, up the street from my house-nope. This was a theatre I'd been to, maybe twice with Movie Man--and he drove. I just consider it "out in the field'--because if you don't know it's there--you miss it. Like I did. I stopped and asked directions, because calling the 411 on my cell phone wouldn't let me talk to a real person.

For the movie? Very cute. Not so much a chick flick and I felt for the main guy. I liked it alot. And liked more the fact I did see something new--however I will get beamed up again by Star Trek in the near future...

As for another task-gotta enjoy the rest of having this day off. Being home during the day still conjures emotions I had during my 2006 recuperation--I like doing what I want and need to do on working days...yep--need that home business...

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...