Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Mike Tyson

For about 5 minutes, in the late 1980's, I found Mike Tyson attractive. Around the time Mike married actress Robin Givens. I watched their TV interview, like alot of folks.

Deep down I thought Robin was nuts to marry Mike Tyson. Yet, I figured Robin witnessed something in Mike I had not. Some gentle-man potential that passed me on by. Well, shortly there after their marriage ended amid other things such a accusations of violence. Mike's downward spiral sped up. Rapes. Prison. Money squandering. Ear bite. More so a joke on late night TV, than the King of the Ring Mike Tyson once commanded.

Like alot of folks, I just shook my head. Didn't feel so sorry for him. Mike's upbringing was rough. I know that. Yet when he was adult enough to be responsible for his decisions. Bad ones were made. Mike Tyson' had to deal with the consequences. I wasn't really sure Mike took responsibility for his actions. Yep, didn't feel sorry for him at all.

I'd not seen so much of Mike Tyson in recent times. Not until yesterday. More so now than the twenty years ago since Robin Givens. I learned Mike Tyson was a father of four.

And not until tonight, did I learn Mike Tyson's four year old daughter died from a tragic accident in her home. Strangled herself with a cord from exercise equipment. Exodus Tyson was taken off life support earlier this day.

With all the pain and humiliation endured throughout his life, this pain Mike Tyson endures now will be like no other.

In Exodus Tyson's world her daddy was the all the king she ever wanted.

Like alot of folks, my deepest sympathy for the loss to Mike Tyson and family.
Psalms 121



No comments:

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...