Sunday, April 12, 2009

April 12, 1950 was Wednesday

....and the day David Cassidy was born!

I can't believe the groovy and just too cute guy who dazzled me and a gazillion other girls as Keith Partridge back in the 70's, turns 59 today! I bet David's got his share of AARP membership invites, just like me. Wonder if David tosses 'em--just like me? If David hasn't, I'd be willing to let him use one of those AARP discounts on me for a long over due wanna be Tiger Beat kinda date.

See, back when I was a teen, I just KNEW David and I were destined! How did I know? Well, it had nothing to do with I was in Iowa and David wasn't even close to that time zone. Nope, it had to do with we both were born in April and in the SAME decade.

Yea. OK. Laugh if you well. My mom probably tried to hide her laughter when I made this announcement. Does show how creative I was even then to use my imagination! Do what I could to make something point in my direction. Let's say, like Captain James T. Kirk of the Starship Enterprise did on the Kobayashi Maru because --er--that's another post!

Back to David.

So grown up and with that gorgeous hair! How could one girl not fall for him? Kept a soft spot for David even when I moved on to the Osmonds, to boys right in front of me instead of in a magazine, to when I got older and had the desire to have legs like Tina Turner legs (which I still don't have!)--always wanted David to still be there. That the public thought of David in a positive light, whether they saw him as still Keith Partridge, or adult TV actor or Broadway star, especially as years crept upon us all.

So cue up the song that proves David was always on my mind...Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...