Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sun Sunday

Rejoice in the day the Lord has made and be glad in it!

Headed to the Inspiring Body of Christ Church with Pastor Rickie Rush. You talk about a hallelujah kinda of time. Pastor Rush's message was on "Heavens Best and the Devil's Nightmare'. How God has always been up in you, yet you weren't ready to see what He has for you--so the Devil (who just happens to be liar) preyed on your weakness. The impatience of the wait for the Blessing, so you tried to do it all yourself--and failed. I am so guilty of this. To push where you should have learn patience. How you wait is key.

Nothing happens by chance. I picked a seat by a mom and daughter. They were first timers at IBOC. The mom was a cat person--so you know we became best friends. And the daughter, a sweet young lady that just got out of jail. She called it, "been away." I asked her if she planned to go back. No. She heard of IBOC on the radio, and God told her to get out of bed and come to church.

During Pastor Rush's chat with visitors who stood up (I visit enough so I quit standing up). He spoke with this young lady--OK after I pointed at her. She told him how she arrived this morning,--OK after she was a bit shy, and I whispered, "Tell him what you told me."
All SO good. I didn't know this young lady, yet I was proud of her. The young lady, on the other side of me--they both chatted to each other. They may have had the 'been away' thing in common.

We exchanged numbers and e-mails. She even asked me if I'd like to join her and her mom for lunch. I couldn't this Sunday, I told her, yet I would certainly take a rain check. Nice, nice people. And mom likes cats.

The Devil is a liar. Remember that.

Rejoice!

No comments:

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...