Tuesday, November 4, 2008

...And Now We Wait

The votes are now being tallied. I plan to pop some corn, curl with a cat, and wait....and oh, did I mention, pray? Regardless of this outcome, History unfolds before us.

I remember when Nixon resigned. My then best friend and I, were at Iowa State University, for a week long high school year book How To seminar, (to look back, we were 16 and had NO business being alone on a college campus with college age kids--yet, I digress). We sat and watched Richard Nixon, the first president to resign. My then best friend said, "We're watching history."

Barack Obama's grandmother passed a day before the election. She didn't live long enough to witness if her grandson would be elected to the highest seat in the land. Then I realized, his grand mother may have known. How this night would turn out. That it was OK for her to rest then be refreshed as she walked with angels. Maybe...just maybe..."Toot" knew it was all ready done.

Tonight, we're watching History again. Just wait a little while longer...

No comments:

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...