Saturday, March 21, 2009

Missed March 19, 1971 being Friday

Too busy oogling the wisteria in my present day backyard and forgot another memory of this day.
However, on this Saturday 2009, when I don't have any strawberries for my oatmeal, I still gotta smile. See, back on March 19, 1971 I thought I'd pretty much died and gone to heaven. And on that day after Saturday 1971, I remember asking my best friend if she felt the same. And no, I didn't have the house filled with A & W onions or gallons of ice cream.

Great thought tho.

Nope. All bubblegummers, tweens (we didn't have that word then, but I'm sure they floated too), teenyboppers floated on clouds. THE two kings of Tiger Beat Magazine-dom were together! On one show! Bobby Sherman guest starred on The Partridge Family starring David Cassidy! This was way before vcr's. So we all had our tape recorders in front of our non 42-inch plasma or LCD TVs, to capture this momentous occasions.

Bobby looked so cute in that purple shirt --and oh my!--that choker! David was just cute period! As we swooned, and ran our tongue over our braces, we wondered if we would ever grow up to be girls Bobby and David would ever like. Could we? Would they?

After 38 years, I still wonder.

In the meantime, let's cue up a little "Stephanie" from that infamous episode. OK. I admit, I substituted my name instead. Anybody else do the same? :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When we talk and visit, I think you're about the age of my dear Hubby - and then I read this and realize perhaps there is a greater age difference...I was 2 months old in March 1971.

LL aka Lisa-Lin said...

Ha! Yes, there is a bit more of an age difference. I was two months old--well, long before YOU were! In ways, I was a late bloomer, yet I'm blessed I bloomed at all!

The Sugar Plum Fairy said...

Oh my gosh, I remember that night so well!!! Yep... died and gone to Heaven - there was no way life could get any better. Well, that's what I thought at the time, ha. Thanks for a great reminder!

LL aka Lisa-Lin said...

I was so in love with David Cassidy! Since our birthdays were 4 days apart from each other--I just KNEW we were destined! The problem is--David didn't know!

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...