Saturday, November 7, 2009

High Noon NOT

Recorded the Iowa Hawkeyes-Northwestern Wildcats game. Had things planned for the day (which was great by the way). I knew...KNEW Iowa would grind Northwestern into the turf. As I left the house, I had to sneek a peak ---the score just had to be 28-0 Iowa.

Imagine my surprise to see Iowa down by four at halftime! No problem, as I locked up the house--the Hawks would come on strong. 10-0 here we come! At the time, I didn't know QB Ricky Stanzi had been hurt.

So when I got home, got comfy and started to watch the game from halftime. I made sure I listened to nothing but music while driving my Pumpkin. I'd done this during a Cowboys game too, as it recorded while I away from home. So it could be done. I made guesses how high Iowa's score would be. Just knew my Hawks were 10-0!

On the couch, I sat. DVR'd thru commercials. Final score, Iowa 10 Northwestern 17. My heart broke at 7:29PM. The pitch black sky fit my mood.

Then I find out Ohio State beat Penn State.

I bet Rick Stanzi's ankle is fine by next Saturday.

Blue Bell Coffee flavored Ice Cream will help me heal--maybe I should send some to Ricky.

Stay tuned.
Go HAWKS!

No comments:

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...