Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wednesday Road Trip

I go to Wal-mart. And I know not everybody does, but I do. There are locations I like better than others. Tonight I journeyed to the one I like best. The problem is, this Wal-mart is by the apartment where I use to live. It's the Wal-mart, where I frequented, especially the day I was sprung from the hospital, almost four years.

Yep, the day Movie Man picked me up and I inhaled my fresh air for the first time in three weeks, and we headed to this location to get my meds and groceries. That was the day, plus a couple others, I drove the little cart in the Wal-mart. Ran over everything-people and shelves as we made our way to the pharmacy. Yes, people did laughed.

To get to the point, today I drove a good 15 miles--(more miles when I drove back to my house) to get to this Wal-mart. Sure, I have one just down the road from my house--NO. Then one, right by work-MAYBE. So, knew I had gas in my Pumpkin so off to the Wal-mart I LIKE, I zipped. The speed limit is 70 mph, so there in now time. The speed limit also prevented my Blue Bell Butter Pecan Ice Cream to melt....

I digress.

The point is, this Wal-mart has been remodeled. I LIKED it before it got gussied up. Now I LIKE it even more! Clean, wide aisles, bright and just inviting. I told the cashier, I didn't live in that part of town anymore, but this was my favorite Wal-mart, and I had to visit it. She smiled and said, "It is very pretty, isn't it?"

So if you will excuse me, I have ice cream to savor --and yes, I drank ALL my water today--and my ponder of the next 'roll back' to the old neighborhood...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm the SAME way about stores. I have my favorites. Whether it's Tom Thumbs or Barnes and Nobles, certain ones just don't do it for me. They just don't feel like home. So, I don't blame you for going all the way to your favorite one. I do the same thing.

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...