Monday, May 11, 2009

Arabesque

Stepped on the scale today. Bet folks 40 miles over heard its scream! Gotta lighten that load.

Watching Dancing With the Stars reminds me of how much I love dance. I imagine myself doing the Viennese Waltz. Love the floaty dresses, smooth steps and elegance. Just something about it. I wanted so much to be a ballerina when I was little. Alas, I was told by my mom, I couldn't. Why? Because black girls weren't built the right way. Devastated I was.

Still am, to a degree. I figure Mom told me what she was told. Yet what I remember of her personality, I can't believe she bought 100% of the claim, yet there was no proof. Anyway, this day, I dream of the classic Viennese Waltz.
I imagine myself doing turn, with arm held on to my partner as I arabesque to Moon River. Ahh, great little thought. I smile at the possibility. Then for a fun, a little jive or quick step, for that other side of me. Yep, maybe no pointe shoes and tutu, but a bit of heel and glide across the floor.

I can do that.

In the meanwhile, I can lighten the load with a little less Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream. Not much less, but a little less....maybe....:)

I can do that too.
Maybe.

No comments:

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...