Friday, August 29, 2008

....and there's John McCain

who picks Alaska's Sarah 'Barracuda' Palin. WOW. Of course, the 'wow' comes after 'who?' Is it true John McCain only met her once? I honestly thought Mitt Romney would be the Republican VP choice. Hmm. The story is interesting: mom to 5 kids, hunter, and called a 'maverick'. I've yet to hear Sarah Palin speak, but then I've not had the TV on either. I do hear CNN chant my name.

The Republicans begin their convention Monday, in the Twin Cities. Believe me, I will watch. To learn. To compare. And ask: do the Republicans have the Metrodome booked for John McCain's acceptance speech?

My opinion is, John McCain did the same thing Barack Obama did. Chose someone so unlike themselves. Just look at age, for one: Barack Obama could be one of Joe Biden's sandlot slugger's. While Sarah Palin could be the daughter John McCain walked to kindergarten. Both candidates chose a person they hope, compliments them. In the end, the presidential nominees desires their VP pick to help bring folks out for the vote. In January 2009, John McCain and Barack Obama want to be sure the U-Haul rolls up to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

In 67 days we'll know---withOUT aid of the Supreme Court.

No comments:

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...