Wednesday, June 11, 2008

...One last thing....I mean it....

As I toodled around Des Moines, last weekend, I took in the city's growth. Some familiar places I see in Dallas--and take for granted--stood so tall and proud in Des Moines. Case in point, my chum D said, "There's On the Border-it's suppose to be good." Huh? Then there was a Fuddruckers, where D and her hubby, enjoy their burgers. I told her my favorite burger place in Dallas is Burger Island. There was the Cheesecake Factory--in Des Moines? Sure thing! After our toodling, I hankered to quench my thirst with a coffee drink. Imagine my surprise we had to travel miles--literally- to find one. What? Starbucks not on every or every other corner? Not being able to say, "Oh, well, I missed that one, but another one will just down the road a piece." Instead, I have look on a map to find one of the 10 Starbucks, Des Moines has, to get my Mint Mocha Chip Light Frap fix. Think of the gas used! Oh goodness--those poor deprived people! :)

No comments:

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...