Saturday, November 5, 2011

Write Up!

Met up with my Honor the Words Writers' Group today. Just what the Maya Angelou in me needed. Support. Encouragement. Laughter along with yummy coffee cake and pumpkin spice flavored coffee!

OK, my group members are in the midst of critiquing my one and only book, which I self published, in yester-century. An eye opener of an experience because things they said I should include/exclude are the same things I fought with myself those years ago. I knew, in yester-century, not all my written words sounded quite right, yet I had no clue why they did not. Thanks to my group, I do now.

My group helped me realize how words can be and are powerful. Especially if a pesky dangling participle does not litter up your sentence!

Good day indeed...

1 comment:

Old Kitty said...

Yay for such a fantastic support group of writerly people! Glad to know you are more encouraged and raring to get this wonderful book of yours to shiny diamond standard for re-publishing (which you are going to do right?!!?)! Good for you! take care
x

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...