Sunday, April 18, 2010

Soothe

That's what the rain did today. Soothed. And still kinda does as I type this.

Today the last song I hear on the radio as I pulled into Inspiring Body of Church's parking lot, was the classic "The Closer I Get To You" with Roberta Flack and the late, great Donny Hathaway. I hurried to my seat, because it was close to service time and Bear is the last person I pass to get to one. Bear was ready to give the group prayer. After Bear finished, I told him how good it is to hear him do prayer--Bear beamed. And said what I truly believe, "It's all God." Did I ever say Bear looks good in a suit?

IBOC's Pastor Rickie Rush taught a lesson on how to get thru disappointments. He used cripture from the Old Testament, The Book of Jeremiah. The lesson included Pastor Rush discussing a ride on a roller coaster and when he was little and stole chocolate out of his mom's purse. The chocolate which really was Exlax--this lesson dealt with what God has called you to do and how you are always in His hands. Trust me--it ALL worked! :)

Got school work done. Never cleaned the house--imagine that--smiled at my backyard flowers and the leaves on the pecan tree. The scent of burgandy roses waltzed to my nose and then I smiled how a cat with dandelions is dee-lightful sight of Spring.


I am blessed.

1 comment:

Old Kitty said...

Aww

Rain is a good cleanser too! Makes everything glisten and fresh afterwards.

I love that Roberta Flack song (I love Roberta Flack - gorgeous gorgeous voice!).

And Pastor Rush sounds like a very wise man!

Enjoy your backyard and especially that lovely kitty admiring the dandelions.

Take care
x

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...