Wednesday, June 24, 2009

When...

Did oatmeal become a breakfast of choice? I mean, when YOU actually got a pot, added water and oatmeal and placed on a stove? OK--I do the old fashioned way--not nuke my oatmeal. When did all that happen? Long ago is the day, your mom made you eat the stuff. When you didn't care how much sugar, milk and even butter made it taste good. It was slop, in your opinion.

Now. Today. You eat this stuff at least four morning out of seven. Yep. You don't even put in milk, however you use sweetener instead of butter, with a dop of it's not butter kinda margarine spread stuff. And you slice fresh strawberries in the mix. You've done this for years now. And snarf it down like its candy.

Really?

When did this happen? When did you turn into a grown up? When did you start to pay attention oatmeal can lower cholesterol?

When?

Wow.

3 comments:

The New Me said...

Eating oatmeal means I'm a grown up? I thought it was when I bought my first new appliance.

LL aka Lisa-Lin said...

Ha! Well, then too! When I got my washer and dryer, I thought I'd hit the big time. But the oatmeal--no, WAY would I choose that ceral because I wanted it. Now, I do--but only when I got over 40, ya know--just yesterday....

Anonymous said...

Guess I'm a little off, I never minded eating oatmeal when I was a kid.

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...