Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Primer Paint Pots...poo!

I painted five terra cotta pots the other night. I planned to do a faux granite finish on them. The pots did NOT turn out well at all. Colors did not go together like I thought they would. Figured I would put primer on the pots and just re-paint.

Wrong.

I need to follow directions better. I did use a primer, Kilz. However the primer was latex and water based. Live and learned it does not really work that well on top of acrylic paints. Took forever to dry. And just checked them now. The pots feel kinda gunky.

So what to do now?

Eat low mien noodles with chicken and watch "American Idol."

I am sure Van Gogh took a break every now and then..... :)

1 comment:

Old Kitty said...

Awww all great artists live and learn and grow with experience!!

Enjoy your noodles and Idol! :-)

Tomorrow is another great creative day! Take care
x

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...