Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thin it is!

Nope. NOT ME, but the thin crust pizza I had today. Let me tell you, I am not a fan of thin crust. At least that's what I thought. Until a chum and I headed to a part of Dallas called Deep Ellum for lunch. During the night, Deep Ellum is a hot spot for bars, live music and hanging out happenings . Ya know, all the stuff I did before my bedtime became the time I use to go out--I digress. Anyway during the daylight hours all of us older folks hang out at the plethora of Deep Ellum and amy ponder if want to go into the tattoo shops...

My chum and I ventured to Cane Russo. The eatery specializes in Neapolitan Italian cuisine. They cook those luscious pizza pies in a wood burning oven cranked to 900 degrees. The oven is placed far enough away, yet close enough you can see your pizza pie cook--all of about 3 mins of cookin' time.

I decided on the Zoli. The pizza was decorated with Italian sausage, Italian cousin of pepperoni (just a tinge more spicy), basil, the best tomato sauce I've tasted and cheese to slobber over. Tasty, TASTY treat I devoured today!

Good eating. Good time spent with my chum. Good just all around!

Cane Russo ain't your neighborhood Pizza Hut!

1 comment:

Old Kitty said...

Oh Tommy!! Those days where I could be out all night and into the wee hours of dawn are so behind me! Bedtime firmly at 10pm these days! LOL!!!

Wow! What a great pizza! I love thin crust - I must admit - crusty at the edges, fluffly all round and I really really love the clip on their site - love that the guy who runs this restaurant is passionate about his pizza! Brilliant and yum!!!!

Take care
x

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...