Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Hump Day

When I was about 10 years old or so, there was TV commercial about what to for supper. I can't remember if the parent or the kid asked the other what they should have for Wednesday meal. Somebody asked "Hump Day?" The answer was "STEW!"

What I do recall Mom asking me that same question. I thought I was being funny and said "STEW"! I just figured she knew I joked. Because, really, I NEVER suggested stew for any family meal.

Imagine my surprise as I journeyed home after a long, grinding day of grade school to find a full soup pot of stew resting on the stove. My face dropped about 10 stories, in our one story house.

Mom says, "You did say stew."

Indeed I did. And never did again.

Lesson be careful what you do joke about was learned that day.

1 comment:

Old Kitty said...

Awww! But I bet the stew was yummy though! :-) Take care
x

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...