Sunday, August 22, 2010

Relationships

My mind is overwhelmed. Relationships.
How I've I've known men who are grown, yet I've met grown men.
There's a difference. And I prefer the grown men.

Remember male lead guy in the play I went to go see: "Blues In The Night?" Wasn't really a love connection, yet the opportunity to become good friends. In fact, I saw the play a second time yesterday. He didn't know I was there, and that was kinda cool. Why?

Because here's a guy who lives his passion. Acting. Singing. I could see it. He's only about one of a handful of friends who actually do what they absolutely love. And this guy could maybe be a good friend of mine. To give insight and support to my own walk on my path of passions: i.e. writing.

Well, last night, we texted up til about the moment he hit the stage at 8PM--to 7:56 to be precise. In the conversation, he tells me he's going back to NYC on Monday, at 8:30AM. I'm like "Huh?" I knew he was going back. He's lived there for about a decade. His family is here in Dallas, and the plan was to be in Dallas for just a couple weeks--and that was January. So yea, it was time.

So I'm fortunate to have met him. I am bummed because he doesn't know when he'll be back, and I thought 'Drat, there goes my chat over cappuccino."

Relationships have a reason for their own season. Ours may have just been just for these 15 minutes of fame. The male lead guy impacted me in positive way I hadn't felt in awhile. Then at MY church, Inspiring of Body Christ with Pastor Rickie Rush said we don't always DREAM BIG.

My new chum who heads to another time zone tomorrow showed me how Big dreams DO come true.

I am blessed.

2 comments:

Old Kitty said...

"Relationships have a reason for their own season"!.

Oh gorgeous Tommy that quote is just lovely!

Bless that guy's heart!! What a lovely man - "who lives his passion"!!

I hope this is only adieu and ta-ta and see you very soon. :-)

Take care
x

LL aka Lisa-Lin said...

Kitty....we'll see..

thanks for your feedback.

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...