Saturday, February 20, 2010

Sums It Up

Saturdays help you sum the past week's happenings and realize ya gotta treat yourself to a little good will for YOU! !

For instance, I treated myself to a Down Home Cookin' kinda eatery, called Po' Melvin's -which is 5 mins from my house. Pass it every day and never stopped in.

And today I did. Po Melvin's had a breakfast buffet goin' on! Even omelets made to your specification. Let's say said visit to Po' Melvin's tummy was happy!

After my tummy fill, I headed to finally see multi Oscar nominated "Avatar." Went early enough that the movie price was still $4.50. And I think I'm glad. Folks I knew, who were skeptical about "Avatar." wound up enjoying it. Me? Well, I saw a lot of very tall, thin, striped blue cat people. I didn't hate "Avatar." in fact toward the end I kinda got into it. Was I spellbound? Was it something I'd never seen before? I saw lots of pinks, lavender and also where the millions of dollars James Cameron spent on "Avatar-" The movie's colors were quite vibrant, however was I captivated? Considering the characters looked like a cats, I shoulda been.

I wasn't.

Nonetheless I was glad I saw "Avatar" so, I'd have my own opinion. Come March 7th, James Cameron just might be King of the World again, as he totes a Titanic filled Oscar statues.

I also summed up stuff today, as I walked around the park by my old apartment complex. Like in days of yore, I made friends with the dogs walking their humans. Then I sat on my Forrest Gump bench, where I sat so many times during my recuperation from open heart surgery. I can't daily drive 20 miles, to just walk around this park, when I have parks and a rec center close at hand. Yet there's something about just being there...comfort. Security.

Saturdays help to sum things up. Makes you realize how far you've come, especially when there are times it feels as if you haven't taken one step.

2 comments:

Sultan said...

I am so suggestible. Looking at that omelet desperately makes me want one!

LL aka Lisa-Lin said...

Does look pretty yummy, huh? The lady at the eatery told me I need to come back--I will too...

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...