Monday, June 24, 2013

Glass Vase Vamp

One Salvation Army Thrift Store glass vase displays its four sides. Martha Stewarts Gloss Glass paint was used on my newest crafty piece!  Specifically, I used two blues: Pool and Greek Tile, with one yellow: Yellow Jacket.  I think Martha's glass paints are the creamiest and yummiest paints I've used.
 Instead of painting the colors on the vase, with a sponge or brush, I squeezed the paint directly on the vase from the bottle. The plastic paint bottles have a pointy end, which makes things easier. Working with one side at a time, I squeezed each color in random this way/that way lines. And then comes the FUN part!
Rolled up a piece of Saran Wrap (or any plastic wrap)  and began to dab the paint over the vase. Think as if you're sponge painting. Some sides I squeezed out more blue, another side more yellow. I think the Saran Wrap dab gives a cool and different texture/look than sponge painting does. Who knew?
 Since the paint seemed pretty thick (next time I may not use as much paint), I let the vase dry overnight.  The next morning, as I got ready for work, I popped the vase in a cold oven, set to 350 F degrees to bake for 30 minutes.  After baking, I left the vase in my oven to cool.
What a nice surprise to come home to!   
**I love getting to learn my inner-crafty self** 

1 comment:

Old Kitty said...

You baked a pot and it's come out all lovely!! Yay!!!

Take care
x

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...