Saturday, February 18, 2012

Song Silenced

Like millions of others, I watched the funeral of Whitney Houston today. I admit to not being a real big fan, yet in those early days....I was captivated with her videos (epecially her hair) and that VOICE. Even saw Whitney in concert once. I had not heard such a gift before or since, even tho during the one and only concert I attended, Whitney did not do "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" and I was bummed. Nonetheless, those early days, before everything happened, is how I want to remember her--as in this photo.

Whitney's downward spiral is so well known. Sad to see such a gift wasted. I do think Whitney was a believer in God. However, God does give us free will. Some choices Whitney made gave Satan easy access.

And that is why like millions of others, I watched Whitney's Homegoing today.

1 comment:

Old Kitty said...

I loved Whitney when she burst into the music scene with "I wanna dance with somebody"! I thought she was beautful, fresh and oh what a voice and catchy tune! Then I remember seeing her in The Bodyguard and although the film was pretty crappy - it was the one film that got me to fall in love with Kevin Costner and of course her amazing version of "I will always love you!". Many a failed karaoke attempts on my part!

What a talent! Take care
x

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...