Sunday, February 19, 2012

Random Thought...

As I walked up the sanctuary aisle, after the end of service at Inspiring Body of Christ Church I Spotted one of the ushers.
In this same I walked in. aisle.
My long ago love, Bear. I have written about him before in this blog.
I'll be honest, I thought about acting like I did not see Bear. I don't have an answer why--just thought I'd ignore him. As crowds would have it, the wave got me on his side,
Closer to Bear, than opposite side of the aisle.
Bear had a big ol' smile on his face. I think my face was pregnant with hesitation.
He hugged--as all the usher may hug the members.
He said it was good to see me. Likewise I said.
The IBOC ushers wear black suits. Men look handsome in black suits--especially Bear.
I made it out to my car and pondered as I drove toward the exit.
Can't imagine Bear and I met in 1998.
It is sad we're not really friends in 2012. We are church friends that say "hi" on Sundays.
Oh well.
It's better to say "hi" in God's house, than in no house at all.

1 comment:

Old Kitty said...

I think it's nice you are able to say hi too! I've never been able to understand exes being friends - so much happens to be friends - I can never do it, but I do think it's better to be civil with each other, to forgive, to move on! Take care
x

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...