Thursday, December 1, 2011

Terra Cotta Curious

Did I ever show you this creation from August past? I do like what I tried to do. Paint job was not the best--yet it gave me an idea what the 4 inch terra cotta pot would look like. I gave a better painted pot, with a quote from the great American actor Morgan Freeman on the back, to an actress friend of mine. She loved it. Nice surprise for me. Yep, my own worst critic.

As I take another look at pot tonight I smile at the Mod Podge Sparkle used to seal the photo to the terra cotta. See the sparklies? Never ever once thought I would be all about the glue!

Anyway, I use an inkjet to print the photo on regular ol' bought at Wal-mart or the dollar store tissue paper. Nothing fancy. And the subject?

My kitty Noir. When he was a twelve week old kitten, Noir sat (and crawled with me for two hours at a Starbucks. As I tried to talk a co-worker into taking Noir home with her. That was four and a half years ago. Yep, I do think I got the better end of the deal!
Am proud of my little terra cotta pot. Yes, I sincerely am.
Still shock about the 'inner crafty' I did not think I every really had--
In the mean time, gotta find the subject of the photo-
Noir owes me a purr or twelve since I shared him with the world! :)
Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Old Kitty said...

So lovely to see Handsome Noir taking pride of place in this lovely pot!! It's lovely! And yes you are your own worst critic! LOL!! You really have a talent for crafting these pots - so yay for you! And hooorah that Noir found his forever home with you too!

Have a great Friday! Take care
x

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...