Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pass the Decoupage Plate Please...

A 'test' plate to show you. Hence, I didn't trim off the over the edge paper. A rough draft to be sure--S'OK, we're chums, right? Wanted to share my first project made with these particular materials:

*8 inch glass plate from the Goodwill
* waterslide decal w/photo of my cute cat

* Mod Podge (matte)
* Mulberry paper (I used cream color)*PATIENCE

Next time I do this type of plate, I will put a bit of white background on decal. Othewise, away from the wall, the photo of my cute cat Earl Gray cannot be seen as much. Cat was not amused....


I HEART mulberry paper. This delectable paper does come in a plethora of shades. The plate was not difficult to do, however each step must dry before you do the next. Short cuts do not work-trust me. :) Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Old Kitty said...

Gorgeous Earl Gray makes a perfect centrepiece!! Yay!!! The plate is looking ever so good!! Wonderful!

Yes, things must dry first before steaming along to the next step!
:-)

Take care
x

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...