Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Eve Eve

Got out of work at 2pm today--
Happy elf was I!
I think I floated to my car--
Eventho it the wind a chill in the air--
I did not care.
It is almost Christmas.
Bittersweet memories of the
750 mile drive to Iowa with
Two cats, at the time, to keep me company--
I still smile tho, my dad enjoyed those cats
Eventho my step-mother didn't share so much comfort and joy!

Anyway, it's two days before Christmas
And I smile at those little girl memories
Of a time long ago...

1 comment:

Old Kitty said...

Awww! Thanks for sharing your memories - love that you drove all that way with two kitties! Wow!

Oh one more day to Christmas! How wonderful!

Happy Christmas!! Take care
x

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...